The Davidson College Store is the official location for the distribution of required course materials used in courses at Davidson College. The textbook department is located on the second floor of the College Store on Main Street. Textbook reservations can be made online one month prior to the beginning of each semester and picked up during the first two weeks of classes. The Store does not ship textbooks outside of campus.
Books, textbooks, and other course materials assigned for all courses are listed on the College Store website. Students may log into their Banner Self Service account (authentication required) and retrieve the required list of materials for their courses through the "Book Now" link or search for courses and titles directly on the College Store website. Please contact the Store Manager if you have any difficulty obtaining a book for a course.
New and used textbooks are available for purchase and/or rental. Rental books are due back in the store no later than the last day of finals and purchased books may be sold back to the store during the Book Buy-back. The Book Buyback is held at the end of each semester, typically beginning on the "Reading Day", and ending on the "Grades Due" date of the academic calendar. Please note that all books are eligible for buyback regardless of where they were purchased. The Store guarantees to pay the highest cash price for all titles (condition pending).
Rented and purchased textbooks may be returned for a full refund within the first week of classes. Textbooks purchased or rented for courses subsequently dropped may be returned within the add/drop deadline ending the second Friday of classes.
The Davidson College Store is dedicated to making sure that course materials are affordable, accessible, and available to all students. Independently operated by Davidson College, all proceeds derived from the sale of course materials and other products sold in the store go directly to the general operating budget of the college.
TEXTBOOK RENTAL AGREEMENT
You have entered into a rental agreement with our bookstore to loan you one copy of a selected title. Rental textbooks are the intellectual property of the author(s) and are copyrighted by the author(s) or publishers. Textbooks rentals are not to be reproduced. The rental agreement is only effective for the current semester. Per terms of this agreement, you are responsible for the following:
- I am entering this Textbook Rental Agreement with the Davidson College Store and I will return the rented Materials to the Store by the last day of the current term's "Final Exam Period".
- Failure to return rented textbooks by the end of the last day of finals, or to return them in an unsalable condition hereby authorizes the Store to charge the replacement price of the item(s), less any rental fees paid to my Davidson College student account or to the designated credit/debit card on file. In addition, the store may charge a fee of up to 10% of the book's current retail price as a penalty for late or non-returned items (nonrefundable).
- The Store will make at least one attempt to remind me of the items rented, and the due date for returns prior to issuing any additional charges. All reminders will be sent to my college issued email account, and the Store is not responsible for confirming my receipt of emails.
- Condition upon return: Highlighting and light cribbing in rented textbooks is permitted and acceptable. Workbook exercises must not be filled in. Any contact with liquids renders all textbooks unacceptable for return. Rented textbooks must be returned in complete and saleable condition. The Store is not responsible for any loss or theft of materials.
- Collateral: Renter will not cancel the transaction on their account and notify the Store of any changes to their credit card or student account.
- Refunds: Refunds of rented textbooks will be accepted in accordance with the Store's textbook return policies for purchased materials.
- Rentals may be purchased for the difference between the rental price paid and the purchase price at any time prior to the due date.
The Store is not responsible for texts that have been mistakenly sold back to the Store or to another vendor.