Please enter search criteria
We are not able to accept any orders at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience and look forward to serving you as circumstances permit.
Thank you, and please be safe.
The Davidson College Store is the official location for the distribution of required course materials used in courses at Davidson College. The textbook department is located on the second floor of the College Store on Main Street. Textbook reservations can be made online one month prior to the beginning of each semester and picked up during the first two weeks of classes. The Store does not ship textbooks outside of campus.
Books, textbooks, and other course materials assigned for all courses are listed on the College Store website. Students may log into their Banner Self Service account (authentication required) and retrieve the required list of materials for their courses through the "Book Now" link or search for courses and titles directly on the College Store website. Please contact the Store Manager if you have any difficulty obtaining a book for a course.
New and used textbooks are available for purchase and/or rental. Rental books are due back in the store no later than the last day of finals and purchased books may be sold back to the store during the Book Buy-back. The Book Buyback is held at the end of each semester, typically beginning on the "Reading Day", and ending on the "Grades Due" date of the academic calendar. Please note that all books are eligible for buyback regardless of where they were purchased. The Store guarantees to pay the highest cash price for all titles (condition pending).
Rented and purchased textbooks may be returned for a full refund within the first week of classes. Textbooks purchased or rented for courses subsequently dropped may be returned within the add/drop deadline ending the second Friday of classes.
The Davidson College Store is dedicated to making sure that course materials are affordable, accessible, and available to all students. Independently operated by Davidson College, all proceeds derived from the sale of course materials and other products sold in the store go directly to the general operating budget of the college.
TEXTBOOK RENTAL AGREEMENT
You have entered into a rental agreement with our bookstore to loan you one copy of a selected title. Rental textbooks are the intellectual property of the author(s) and are copyrighted by the author(s) or publishers. Textbooks rentals are not to be reproduced. The rental agreement is only effective for the current semester. Per terms of this agreement, you are responsible for the following:
- I am entering this Textbook Rental Agreement with Davidson College Store and I will return the rented materials by the last day of the current term’s final exam period to the store.
- Failure to return the rented textbook by the last day of finals or return them in an unsalable condition authorizes the Store to charge the replacement price of the item, less any rental fee to my student account or to my credit or debit card on file. In addition, the store may elect to charge up to 10% of the book's current retail price as a penalty for late or outstanding materials.
- The Store will make at least one attempt to remind me of the due date, and at least one notice when the deadline to return has passed, to my college issued e-mail address. The Store is not required to remind me by other means, or of confirming my receipt of e-mails.
- Condition upon return: Highlighting and light cribbing in rented textbooks is permitted and acceptable. Workbook exercises must not be filled in. Any liquid exposure is unacceptable. Rented materials must be returned in complete and salable condition. Renter is responsible for any loss or theft of rented materials.
- Collateral: I will not cancel the transaction of this textbook rental on my credit card. I will promptly notify Davidson College Store of any changes to my personal/credit card information.
- Refunds: Davidson College Store's refund policies concerning textbooks will be applied. Store policies are posted in the store, on the store's website, and available in print form with purchase or rental.
- Option to purchase: The rental may be purchased at the regular selling price minus rental fees already paid within the agreed rental period. Purchased rental and late fees are non-refundable.